Crowshall Veterinary Laboratory
Who manages the Crowshall laboratory?
Crowshall Veterinary Services' laboratory is managed by Kathy Blake. Kathy has many years experience in poultry diagnostics and is supported by an experienced laboratory team ensuring optimal support to the veterinary team and service to our clients.
What testing does our laboratory offer?
The laboratory offers the following testing:
- Serology (blood testing)
- Parasitology (worm egg and coccidial oocyst counting/detection)
- Microbiology (isolation of bacteria and fungi)
- Selective Campylobacter Testing
- Salmonella testing
- Total Viable Counts (TVC's)
- Pathology (post mortem examination)
- PCR Testing (Detection of DNA by molecular technique)
What levels of Accreditation does the laboratory operate to?
DEFRA Approved POULTRY HEALTH SCHEME:
- Mycoplasma RSA testing (Mycoplasma gallisepticum and Mycoplasma meleagridis)
- Salmonella testing using Rappaport and Selenite methods
- Salmonella testing using the Selenite, Rappaport and Modified semi-solid Rappaport Vassiliadis (MSRV) methods
- Mycoplasma gallisepticum, Mycoplasma synoviae and Mycoplasma meleagridis RSA testing
Click below for a copy of the Crowshall Veterinary Service UKAS Accrediation Certificate
Click below to access "Submissions Forms" so that you can print off a form to send with your samples.