Dear Crowshall Customer,
As the situation with COVID-19 and the governments restrictions escalate you may have concerns about how this affects the ability for you to interact with the practice. We are still operating with extended hours to assist you at this challenging time.
The government has defined staff that work for food supply businesses as key workers. As the veterinary practice and laboratory are key in the food supply chain then these businesses can continue to operate to ensure the nation is fed.
Crowshall Veterinary Services has implemented a rigorous COVID-19 contingency plan to ensure that we can continue to supply the laboratory and veterinary services need by our clients- ensuring legal requirements regarding food safety are met, as well as the testing to support exports.
We have made a number of changes to support our clients and to ensure continuity in work load.
- Our normal working hours during the week will be extended from 6am to 9pm daily. Weekends will operate as normal from 8.30am to 12.30pm.
- The practice will be implementing a shift work pattern meaning that between 1pm and 2pm daily the building will not be manned- phone calls will still be received during this period and we will endeavour to deal with queries rapidly.
- All clients visiting the practice will not be permitted to enter the building and must ring the practice on arrival and a member of staff will provide assistance.
- If another client is already being dealt with then your visit will be logged, you will be asked to remain in your car and then rung back by the reception team when assistance can be provided. We ask for patience in working with our staff on this but it is imperative to ensure social distancing measures are complied with. You will not be required to sign in and log your visit during this period.
- If you are receiving dispensed medication and vaccines we advise that our drivers and dispensary team will sign for the goods on your behalf where you are present to avoid risk of cross contamination.
- When delivering birds for post mortem- please ring the practice on arrival to log your visit and then deliver the birds to the post mortem reception area. Please ensure that a submission form is completed before you drop off samples. All submissions forms are available on our website at crowshall.co.uk/get-submissions-forms
- To limit the movement of clients to the practice we have doubled our logistics capacity- if you are unable to deliver samples or collect dispensed items then please contact us and we will endeavour to assist you.
- We have now stopped all routine visits but will continue essential visits relating to emergency bird welfare issues and those relating to exports.
We endeavour to continue to run a full service during this current period of restrictions and will further review in 3 weeks time and update advice according to government advice.
Please contact us on 01953 455454 if you have any concerns.
Crowshall Veterinary Services LLP