COVID-19 Please be assured that the practice is still fully operational. We have temporarily changed our services to help our clients by opening from Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm daily and weekends 8.30am to 12pm. Please note this is a this is a short term arrangement to minimise staff in the building and ensure robustness in relation to Covid. We have increased logistical capacity to help with delivery and collections at this difficult time. Please note, PMs need to be at the practice by 5.30pm to ensure they are performed the same day.
DATA PROTECTION POLICY STATEMENT
STATEMENT OF POLICY
Crowshall Veterinary Services LLP is fully committed to full compliance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation. We will therefore follow procedures which aim to ensure that all employees, contractors, consultants, partners and customers (collectively known as data users) who have access to any personal data held by or on behalf of Crowshall are fully aware of and abide by their duties under the General Data Protection Regulation.
We need to collect and use information about people with whom we work in order to operate and carry out our functions. These may include current, past and prospective employees, clients and customers and suppliers. In addition we may be required to collect and use information in order to comply with the requirements of central government (DEFRA). This personal information will be handled and dealt with properly however it is collected, recorded and used and whether it is on paper, in computer records or recorded by other means.
Stony Lane Laboratories Ltd is a business and supplier operating from Crowshall Veterinary Services LLP premises. Laboratory work is undertaken by Stony Lane Laboratories Ltd on behalf of Crowshall Veterinary Services LLP. Staffs operating within both businesses require access to Crowshall Veterinary Services LLP client database in order to undertake any works relating to client submissions, prescriptions and veterinary medicines. By agreeing to our Crowshall Veterinary Services LLP policy you also give permission for the data to be shared with Stony Lane Laboratories Ltd.
Crowshall regards the lawful and appropriate treatment of personal information as very important to its successful operations and essential to maintaining confidence between us and those with whom we carry out business. Crowshall Veterinary Services LLP therefore fully endorses and adheres to the Principles of the General Data Protection Regulation.
HANDLING PERSONAL DATA
Crowshall Veterinary Services LLP will, through management and use of appropriate controls, monitoring and review:
- Use personal data in the most efficient and effective way to deliver better services
- Strive to collect and process only the data or information which is needed
- Use personal data for such purposes as are described at the point of collection, or for purposes which are legally permitted
- Strive to ensure information is accurate
- Not keep information for longer than is necessary
- Securely destroy data which is no longer needed
- Take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard information (including unauthorised or unlawful processing and accidental loss or damage of data)
- Ensure that information is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards
- Ensure that there is general information made available to customers regarding their rights to access their information
- Ensure that the rights of people about whom information is held can be fully exercised under the General Data Protection Regulation:
These rights include:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access to personal information
- The right to request rectification
- The right to request erasure
- The right to restrict processing in certain circumstances
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to processing
Personal data shall be:
- Confidential between Crowshall Veterinary Services LLP and the customer
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes. Further processing for archiving purposes, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed
- Accurate and where necessary, kept up to date. Every reasonable step will be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate will be erased or rectified without delay
- Kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed. Personal data may be archived for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
Nicky Davis (Compliance Manager)