COVID-19 Please be assured that the practice is still fully operational. We have extended our services to help our clients by opening from Monday to Friday 7am to 7pm daily on a shift pattern. The practice continues to be open weekends 8.30am to 12.30pm Saturday and Sunday. We have increased logistical capacity to help with delivery and collections at this difficult time.
Crowshall Veterinary Laboratory
Who manages the Crowshall laboratory?
Crowshall Veterinary Services LLP's laboratory is overseen by Technical Director Nicky Davis. Nicky has
experience animal disease screening and diagnosis through a wide range of microbiological and
serological tests, monitoring EQA and IQC, staff management and training and UKAS Quality System
What testing does our laboratory offer?
The laboratory offers the following testing:
- Serology (blood testing)
- Parasitology (worm egg and coccidial oocyst counting/detection)
- Microbiology (isolation of bacteria and fungi)
- Selective Campylobacter Testing
- Salmonella testing
- Total Viable Counts (TVC's)
- Pathology (post mortem examination)
- PCR Testing (Detection of DNA by molecular technique)
For further information on the testing we offer, please visit the below pages in our Laboratory
What levels of Accreditation does the laboratory operate to?
DEFRA Approved POULTRY HEALTH SCHEME:
- Mycoplasma RSA testing (Mycoplasma gallisepticum and Mycoplasma meleagridis)
- Salmonella testing using Rappaport and Selenite methods
UKAS ACCREDITATION (ISO17025:2005)
- Salmonella testing using the Selenite, Rappaport and Modified semi-solid Rappaport Vassiliadis
- Mycoplasma gallisepticum, Mycoplasma synoviae and Mycoplasma meleagridis RSA testing