Crowshall Veterinary Laboratory
Who manages the Crowshall laboratory?
Crowshall Veterinary Services LLP's laboratory is overseen by Technical Director Nicky Davis. Nicky has experience animal disease screening and diagnosis through a wide range of microbiological and serological tests, monitoring EQA and IQC, staff management and training and UKAS Quality System maintenance.
What testing does our laboratory offer?
The laboratory offers the following testing:
- Serology (blood testing)
- Parasitology (worm egg and coccidial oocyst counting/detection)
- Microbiology (isolation of bacteria and fungi)
- Selective Campylobacter Testing
- Salmonella testing
- Total Viable Counts (TVC's)
- Pathology (post mortem examination)
- PCR Testing (Detection of DNA by molecular technique)
For further information on the testing we offer, please visit the below pages in our Laboratory section.
What levels of Accreditation does the laboratory operate to?
DEFRA Approved POULTRY HEALTH SCHEME:
- Mycoplasma RSA testing (Mycoplasma gallisepticum and Mycoplasma meleagridis)
- Salmonella testing using Rappaport and Selenite methods
UKAS ACCREDITATION (ISO17025:2017)
- Salmonella testing using the Selenite, and Modified semi-solid Rappaport Vassiliadis (MSRV) methods,
- Mycoplasma gallisepticum, Mycoplasma synoviae and Mycoplasma meleagridis RSA testing,
- Salmonella pullorum/gallinarum RSA testing.
Click below to access "Submissions Forms" so that you can print off a form to send with your samples.
Get Submission Forms